Responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of merchandise into and/or out of the warehouse facility. General warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of warehouse operations, but position supports all areas of the warehouse as needed.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Moves incoming or outgoing merchandise throughout the distribution center by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment.
- Checks, verifies and audits merchandise to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective; enters data into remote data terminal.
- Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise onto flats.
- Replenishes pick areas as identified by replenishment reports and various requests for merchandise.
- Fills merchandise orders from stores by selecting and moving merchandise from pick slot to conveyor.
- Loads outgoing merchandise from conveyor and/or four-wheel truck into trailer.
- Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues to supervisor.
- Partners with supervisor to resolve problems or discrepancies.
- Meets safety, productivity and quality standards.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Communication skills sufficient to communicate with co-workers; to understand and provide directions; to respond to management inquiries; and to make entries on reports and records
- Basic knowledge of simple math concepts
- Ability to use a Radio Frequency Unit
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of use and operations of motorized merchandise movement equipment
- Ability to maintain annual certification requirements
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in an automated distribution center preferred
- Experience with warehouse management systems applications preferred
- Continuous lifting of merchandise up to 65 pounds on a regular basis, and occasional team lifting of merchandise up to 85lbs
- Continuous walking, including long distances and up and down stairs
- May work at heights up to 30 feet above ground
- Standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching, and pushing and pulling using hands and/or arms on a repetitive basis above and below the shoulder level
- May work continuously up to 12 hours
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold conditions as well as dust and noise
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.