The Zanesville Museum of Art was founded in 1936 as the Zanesville Art Institute. In 2003, the Museum reopened in a newly expanded building on a wooded site in north Zanesville. Eighteen galleries feature a rotating selection of permanent collection works and temporary exhibitions of contemporary and historic fine and decorative arts. The permanent collection includes extensive holdings in European and American paintings and graphic arts, African and Asian arts, and the largest public collection of art pottery and glass produced in the Zanesville area. The Madame Alexander Doll gallery is a treat for youngsters.